- Jay’s been with us for over 15 years
- Working his way from manufacturing, to managing projects, and now Jay’s our estimator
- His in-depth experience means he’ll understand what will (or won’t) work for your project
- Contact him to discuss an upcoming job and to get a quote
Project Manager + Purchasing
- Simon’s been with us since 1999 when he came over from England (he speaks “English, English”)
- His training in Cartography (map making – which Google has covered now) directly translates into his love for shop drawings and details
- Simon is a great juggler, ensuring your timelines are met and your project is headache free!
- Contact him today for the best drawings ever
- They’re a distinctive group of people – many have been with us 15 years — so they know what they’re doing AND care about it
- Each team member is a specialist in their area – sawing, edge-banding, custom receptions or assembling – but can easily transition to help others
- The family business theme applies to our team with brothers, an uncle and nephew, and two guys who’s name start with the letter “J”
- Your millwork is in good hands with this group of experts!
Marketing & Operations (AP/AR)
- Chris takes care of the back-office — ensures clients have their paperwork, vendors are happy (paid), and our employees have what they need
- Getting it done & sorted out is her specialty — with laughter of course!
- Her business-marketing background is varied (loans for entrepreneurs, television marketing, commercial real-estate marketing to helping Canadian businesses overseas in London) – all gives her a unique business perspective
- Call her to ask her about any marketing, admin or question in general, she’s happy to help
No Openings Right Now…but we’re always interested in great people!
- We respect our employees – their commitment to our business and the people we help
- Our people are the reason Ranco’s succeeded over the past 30+ years
- We offer above-industry standards of wages and group benefits…including a profit sharing program
- Currently, we aren’t looking for anyone in particular… but don’t worry, we’re always looking for great people
- If you want to join the Ranco team, please contact us
- We hire attitude over aptitude!
Every winter we donate pallets of oats to the Food Bank.
The oats are grown by Saskatchewan farmers to feed Saskatchewan people.
In 2016, the donation resulted in 25,000+ servings of oats for breakfast.
We’re proud to help out, and we put it on our Christmas card to raise awareness and potential support.
BREAST CANCER RESEARCH & TREATMENT
Sadly this disease touches way too many of us.
It turned Chris & Simon’s world upside down in 2013 when their kids were just 4 & 5. While fully recovered, Chris won’t ever forget the experience, nor the great friendships. She hopes fewer families have to go through this tumultuous journey.
Ranco’s been a hole sponsor of the Riverside Vipond Golf Classic for many years — even though we don’t golf — as it funds projects making contributions to the lives of persons with intellectual disabilities
Vipond proceeds have gone to
- help children with disabilities attend a summer day camp
- expand a Cosmo area for the Community Enriched Support program — a low stimulation environment for participants to thrive
- build a full-sized gym and fitness centre at Elmwood, a cafeteria, and an entrance canopy
Quarterly a group of people (men and woman) get together to support small business in Saskatchewan in a unique pitch and vote event.
Seeds for Dreams offers early stage financial support without transfer of equity or debt obligations for small female-led Saskatchewan businesses.
This fantastic group of volunteer women sew clothes and needed items for less fortunate kids.
The sewn items are then distributed through related inner-city schools and service organizations in Saskatoon.
Volunteer sewers wanted. So come on down to the church where they sew weekly. Machines, materials and friends supplied!
Fabric donations wanted. If you have fabric to donate , it can be dropped at the church. Details here.
FIRST GENERATION OWNERS
Back in 1984 Floyd Ransom, a Mechanical Engineer, decided to leave the engineering world. He and his wife Marg started Ranco on their acreage near Grandora.
It all started by making desks for the government – the kind with slots for the fan-folded-paper for dot-matrix printers. The desks had the old-style T-edging that had to be applied using a rubber mallet. And these desks weighed a tonne…but were on casters for ‘easy mobility’ (as long as no stairs were involved). I’m sure they are still standing today in someone’s basement.
The 80’s were known for big-hair and these new things called ATMs. Ranco did a lot of work for banks — the millwork surrounding the ATMs, teller lines, and the little pedestals where you filled your bank deposit/withdrawal slips.
Speaking of the 80’s, we also did custom receptions like this one for CKOM — when they were on 8th Street (the building’s long gone).
The business has grown and expanded to its current 13,000 square foot manufacturing facility.
While Floyd and Marg are retired, Ranco continues as a 2nd generation family business.
SECOND GENERATION OWNERS
Ranco is now owned by Simon Nunn and Chris Ransom.
Simon joined Ranco in 1999 when he arrived from London, England. Yes, it was Chris who brought the big city boy to the prairies!
Simon and Floyd have worked alongside for 18 years.
Chris packed her marketing-business development bag and unpacked it at Ranco in 2013. Her background was ideal from running the back-office and marketing side of the business.
Together Chris and Simon are passionate about growing people, giving back and making their clients happy by building the best darn millwork without any hassles.
While their kids are still young at 8 & 10, there may be a 3rd generation family business…